Urgent: Forgiveness Rob Gieselmann, Pentecost 8C, June 26, 2016 I don’t always understand what it means to follow Jesus. And I’m pretty sure I don’t do it very well. I’m all three of these - I’d bury my parents first, I’d say good-bye to my family, before following Jesus - into the Peace Corps, or to Bolivia, or wherever. Truth be told, I probably wouldn’t leave them in the first place, and if I did, I would definitely buy a return ticket. At least for the holidays, I’d come home for the holidays. *Home – they say home is “ where the heart is,” You’re loved at home just because – not because you’ve done something important. You are special at home, just because you are special at home. Or, as the old saying goes, Home is where the great are small, and the small are great. But there is no home for Jesus – foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head. No bed to, lay me down to sleep, no pillow for, the soul...
Comments
Post a Comment